MAKING THE CUBES
Insert the top silicone tray into the bottom silicone tray and place both trays together into the outer insulated box.
- Pour regular tap water into the tray up to the fill line which is indicated on the top silicone tray.
- Place the tray on a level position in the freezer.
- Freeze for 20-24 hours.
REMOVING THE CUBES
- Do not use a knife, or other sharp object, to remove the cubes.
- Remove both silicone trays together from the outer insulated box using the tabs.
- Loosen the edges of the top silicone tray from the cubes by grabbing the edges of the tray and pulling the sides away from the cubes.
- Then gently separate the edges between the upper part of the outer silicone tray and the inner silicone tray, around all four sides.
- Gently but firmly tap a side of the lower portion of the tray along the edge of a counter top to help separate the top tray from the bottom tray. NOTE: Do NOT tap the corner of the silicone tray! This may damage the silicone. Always tap along the side.
- Repeat on additional sides until the top silicone tray can be pulled from the bottom silicone tray.
- Crack the True Cubes apart like a regular ice cube tray and enjoy. If necessary, let tray sit for a few minutes to thaw before cracking. Do not hit the top tray on a counter as this may shatter the cubes.
Prior to use, allow a True Cubes® ice cube sit out at room temperature for 1-2 minutes to avoid "ice shock", where a sudden change in temperature will crack an otherwise clear ice cube.
additional tips and tricks
- Using "extra hot" tap water may reduce the micro bubbles that can condense onto the sides and bottom of the tray. This may add a few extra hours to the recommended freezing time.
- Do not use purified water. This will create bubbles on the tray surface forming an interesting "fireworks" pattern in the ice. Regular tap water is recommended.
- In some areas with extra impurities in the tap water, combine the tap water in equal parts with bottled water. In most areas this is unnecessary.
- True Cubes® may be made ahead of time. Simply make the cubes, remove from the tray and store in the freezer.
- Stored cubes may form an exterior frost which simply rinses off when used.
- When necessary, use a soft cloth with warm soapy water to clean. Do not wash any part of the tray in a dishwasher.
- Wash thoroughly before first use.
- It is not recommended to completely submerge the outer insulation box in water.